- Wheat Flour: 1 cup
- Maida: 1 cup
- Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Baking Powder: ½ tsp
- Salt: needed
- Warm Water: needed
- Oil: Required
- Chicken (very small pieces): 1 cup (cooked with salt and turmeric powder)
- Onion: 1 small
- Tomato: half of 1small tomato
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp each
- Garam masala: ½ tsp
- Green chilli: 1 (optional)
- Turmeric powder: a pinch
- Chilli powder: a pinch
- Coriander leaves chopped: few
- Salt: needed
- Oil: needed
Method of Preparation:
· Heat oil in pan; add chopped onion and sauté till it becomes brownish red.
· Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli, stir and add chopped tomato.
· When tomato gets cooked, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala and stir well till the aroma comes from it.
· Now add the chicken pieces and salt. Close the lid and cook in a low flame for 5 minutes.
· Add coriander leaves and switch off the flame. Leave aside and let it cool.
· In bowl mix wheat flour, Maida, sugar, baking powder, salt.
· Knead the flour with warm water to smooth dough. Apply oil on the dough and knead once more. Leave for 1-2 hours.
· Take a lemon sized balls from the dough and roll into round shape.
· Take a spoonful of filling and put in the center of the rolled chappathi.
· Fold it from four sides and slightly flatten once more, carefully without letting the stuff come out.
· Heat a tawa, apply some oil and cook the chappathi both sides in a very low flame.
· Serve hot.