It is a popular Middle Eastern food. It is served with hummus or as a sandwich stuffed in pita bread together with lettuce, tomatoes and tahini. It is a very easy snack to prepare. It is a delicious vegetarian sandwich we could prepare.
- Chick peas (white) [kadala]: 1 cup
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Coriander seeds: 1tsp
- Cummin seeds: 1tsp
- Chopped parsley: 4 tsp
- Green chilli: 2
- Salt: needed
- Baking powder: ¼ tsp
- Oil: for deep fry
Method of Preparation:
- Soak chick peas overnight. Wash and drain.
- Grind soaked chick peas, coriander seeds, cumin, garlic,parsley, green chilli, salt and baking powder.
- Make small balls of grinded mixture, just flatten it lightly.
- Deep fry in oil till done.
- Serve hot.
Tips: Can use coriander leaf instead of parsley, parsley make it tastier.