Drumsticks have too many health benefits. Below is a simple delicious recipe
- Drum stick: 5 big sticks (cut into 1 ½” pieces)
- Lentils: ¼ cup
- Onion: 1
- Tomato: 2 big
- Green Chilli: 1
- Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder: ¾ tsp
- Salt: needed
- Coconut: 1 cup grated
- Shallots: 3
- Cumin seeds: ¼ tsp (optional)
- For tempering
- Mustard seeds: ½ tsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves: 1 string
Method of Preparation:
- Grind coconut, shallots and cumin seeds to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- In a vessel, add washed lentils, turmeric powder, chilli powder. And cook till lentils are done.
- When cooked add sliced onion, tomato, drumsticks, green chilli and salt.
- When drumsticks are cooked add coconut paste to it. When comes to boil, stir and switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves. Transfer this to the prepared drumstick curry.
- Serve hot with rice.