- Flour: 2 cups
- Egg: 1
- Luke warm milk: ¾ cup
- Sugar: ¼ cup
- Yeast: ¼ tsp
- Curd: 1tsp (optional)
- Baking powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: needed
- Powdered sugar with cardamom: as required for coating
Method of Preparation:
· Beat the egg well
· Dissolve yeast in a teaspoon milk.
· Combine egg, milk, sugar, dissolved yeast, curd and salt.
· Add flour to it; knead to form like chappathi dough. If needed you can add little more flour.
· Keep in warm place for at least 2 hours (or till the dough comes double the size)
· Roll the dough on a rolling pin to a half inch thick and cut with a doughnut cutter.
· Deep fry the doughnuts in any refined oil till done.
· When it is warm itself coat with powdered sugar.
Tips: If using self- raising flour instead if Maida, it will come softer. When using self raising flour don’t use yeast.