The below recipe is a simplest, easiest and delicious rice that could be prepared during any special occasion.
- Biriyani Rice: 2 cups
- Onion: 1 big
- Cashew nuts and raisins: few
- Cardamom: 4
- Cinnamon (1” stick): 2
- Clove: 3
- Ghee: 4tbsp (or as required)
- Salt: needed
Method of Preparation:
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins. And keep aside.
- In the same ghee fry thinly sliced onion to golden brown and keep aside
- Wash and soak rice 15 minutes before cooking.
- Boil enough water in a vessel; add cinnamon, cardamom, clove, salt and 1 tbsp ghee to it, when it starts boiling add the soaked rice.
- Drain when it is almost cooked.
- In a pressure cooker, add 1 tbsp ghee put half of the drained rice, on top of the rice put the half of the fried cashews, raisins and onion and 1 tbsp ghee. Add the other half of rice above it and repeat the process. Close the pressure cooker.
- Switch on the flame high for half a minute and put in a very low flame for about 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with preferred curry.
Tips: raisins, cashews and onion can be fried in any refined oil.