- Rice: 2 cup
- Fenugreek: ¼ tsp
- Cooked rice: 2tsp
- Coconut grated: 1 cup
- Yeast: 2 pinch
- Baking soda: ¼ tbsp
- Salt: needed
Method of Preparation:
- Wash; soak rice and fenugreek to about 6 hours.
- Grind the soaked mix by adding required water, cooked rice, yeast and coconut to a smooth paste.
- Leave it for 6-8hours for fermentation.
- Add salt and baking soda and keep for 15 more minutes.
- Heat non-stick appam pan, pour the batter in the center and rotate in circular motion, close the lid and cook till appam is cooked.
- Serve hot with veg. or non veg. curry.
Tips: Don’t over heat appam pan, heat in very low flame while pouring the batter, then put in full flame for half a minute again, keep the flame to low and cook appam. Also don’t put more yeast than the said qty.