It is a common breakfast item of Indians. The right consistency of the dough makes puri puffy and soft without consuming too much oil.
- Wheat flour: 2 cup
- Maida: ¼ cup
- Rava(semolina): 3 tbsp
- Luke warm water: Required to knead dough
- Salt: needed
- Oil: for frying
Method of Preparation:
- Mix wheat flour, maida and semolina.
- Add salt to water and Pour water to the flour and knead well till it becomes smooth. Apply 1 tsp oil on the dough and knead once more.
- Leave for 30minutes by covering with a wet cloth.
- Take small balls from it and roll into 3-4 inches round
- Deep fry in oil by flipping both sides.
- Serve hot with Potato bhaji or any other side dish.
Tip: The dough should be firmer than chappathi dough.