I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. All humans have different taste and innovation. Share it after doing any improvisation to any recipes.
- Biriyani Rice: 2 cup
- Onion: 3 medium sized
- Tomato: 1 big
- Ginger garlic paste: 1tsp
- Chilly powder: ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder: ½ tbsp
- Coriander leaf: 2 strings
- Lemon juice: 1 tsp
- Salt: needed
- Ghee: 2 tsp
- Oil: required
- Cashew nut and raisins: for garnishing
Method of Preparation:
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
- Bring water to boil, add salt, ½ tsp ghee and soaked rice to it. Drain it when its half cooked.
- In a frying pan add oil and fry 2 onions until golden brown, also fry cashews and raisins and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat some oil, add 1 sliced onion, when it turns yellowish brown add ginger garlic paste, stir and now add garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and add tomato.
- Add some coriander leaf when tomato is cooked and switch off the flame.
- Grease the pressure cooker with some oil/ghee. Heat it in a low flame.
- Add half of the cooked rice on top of it add some fried onions, cashews, raisins, chopped coriander leaf, lemon juice, ghee and put the tomato masala. Add the other half of cooked rice on top of it and continue the process.
- Close the lid put in full flame for a minute, after that keep in a very low flame for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with fried chicken or any other non veg dish
Tips: Do not overcook rice.