- Drum stick: 20 pieces (cut into 1 ½ “length)
- Kadalaparippu (Split Bengal Gram): ¼ cup
- Grated coconut: ¼ cup
- Green chilli: 3 (as per taste)
- Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
- Coconut oil: 1 tsp
- Salt: needed
- Curry leaves: few
Method of Preparation:
- Grind coconut and green chilli without adding water. Keep aside.
- In a vessel cook kadalaparippu with one cup water in a low flame.
- When it is cooked add drumstick, turmeric powder and salt.
- When drumstick gets cooked and the entire water should be vaporized, add grinded coconut mix, stir well. Switch off the flame.
- Add coconut oil and curry leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.
Tips: Don’t overcook drumstick and kadalaparippu