One of the most popular breakfast items of south Indians are idli. It is very easy and fast to prepare, it takes time due to its fermentation process. Try out the below recipe, it comes out well with very soft and fluffy idlis
- Rice: 2 cup
- Urad dal: 1 cup
- Cooked rice: 2tbsp
- Fenugreek seed: 1/4tsp (optional)
- Baking soda: a pinch
- Salt: needed
- Oil for greasing idli moulds
Method of Preparation:
- Wash and soak rice, dal and fenugreek overnight.
- Grind soaked mix to a smooth paste and keep around 8 hrs for fermentation.
- Add salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Pour this batter into a greased idli moulds and steam for 15 min.
- Serve with chutney.
Tips: Fenugreek makes the idli softer. Also grind rice with normal cold water (not ice cold).