- Sardines: 8
- Shallots: 10-15
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Chilly Powder: 2 tsp
- Tamarind juice: 1 tsp (optional)
- Coconut oil: 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves: few
- Salt: needed
Method of Preparation:
- Clean and cut the sardines into two pieces and wash
- Grind the shallots by adding salt.
- In a cooking pot add shallots paste, turmeric powder, chilly powder, tamarind juice adnd add ½ cup water and salt.
- Switch on the flame and when it boils and gravy becomes very thick add sardines. After adding the fish don’t stir too hard.
- When sardines are done add coconut oil and curry leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.