This is a breakfast dish of Malabar region. Nowadays it is not a common dish. It is made in a special earthen tawa. Are you tired of making the same dishes every day? Try the below recipe.
- Raw rice (pachari): 1 cup
- Egg: 1
- Coconut grated: 3 tbsp
- Salt: needed
Method of Preparation:
- Soak rice for 6 hours.
- Wash and grind together with coconut and egg. Add salt.
- The batter should be thinner than dosha batter.
- Heat ottada tawa, put in full flame, pour a ladle batter to it. After a minute put into medium flame close the lid and cook without turning the ottada.
- Serve hot with chana gravy or any other of your choice.