Eating with the fullest pleasure – pleasure, that is, that does not depend on ignorance – is perhaps the profoundest enactment of our connection with the world. In this pleasure we experience and celebrate our dependence and our gratitude, for we are living from mystery, from creatures we did not make and powers we cannot comprehend. Try out the below recipe and enjoy your lunch ever than before.
- Fish: ½ kg (sliced fish)
- Onion: 1 medium sized
- Green Chilli: 2
- Ginger garlic paste: 1tsp
- Fenugreek seed: ¼ tbsp
- Chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Garcinia cambogia (kudampuli): 2 big pieces
- Coconut milk powder: 4 tbsp
- Curry leaf: 2 strings
- Salt: needed
- Coconut oil: 2 tbsp (any refined oil)
- Coriander leaf: 1 string
- Mustard seeds: ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds: ¼ tsp
- Curry leaf: 1 string
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a khadai, add fenugreek, then add sliced onion still yellowish brown, add ginger garlic paste, green chilli, stir well.
- Add chilli powder and turmeric powder, saute well and add 3 glasses of water and salt.
- Add 3 tbsp of coconut milk powder and kudampuli to it.
- When the gravy becomes thick, add fish pieces
- When fish is cooked add the other 1 tbsp of coconut milk powder.
- Add curry leaf and switch off the flame.
- In a pan heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, fenugreek and curry leaves.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.