It’s amazing how pervasive food is. Every second commercial is for food. Every second TV episode takes place around a meal. In the city, you can’t go ten feet without seeing or smelling a restaurant. I am acutely aware of food, and its omnipresence is astounding.
I am opening up my first recipe with a chicken dish. It is the chicken fry from all other chicken dishes which my children like the most. It is very simple and delicious. I have made some improvisation to make tastier.
- Chicken (cut into very small pieces): 900g
- Chilly Powder: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tbsp
- Salt: needed
- Egg: 1
- Flour (can use wheat flour/Maida): 3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice: 1 tsp
- Green Chilly: 5 Nos
- Curry Leaf: as required
Method of Preparation
- Cut the chicken into very small pieces, Wash and drain.
- In a bowl mix chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt, egg, flour, lemon juice and then add the chicken piece and mix well.
- Add chop green chillies and curry leaves to the above mixture.
- Marinate for 2-3 hrs.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, fry the chicken pieces in a low flame until done. Drain and keep aside.
- Granish with fried green chillies and curry leaves which will add a special flavor to the chicken fry.