Oats is a cereal plants that is considered to be soothing food for the nerves. It is one of the best sources of Inositol, which is important for maintaining blood cholesterol level. Oats are amazingly high in calcium, potassium and magnesium, together with lots of B complex -- all are vital to a healthy nervous system. A bowl of oat porridge with a spoonful of honey makes a calming breakfast for a child in the morning before an exam
- Oats: ½ cup
- Milk: 1 ¾ cups
- Cardamom powder: ½ tsp
- Cashew nuts & raisins: few
- Honey: 3tbsp (as per taste)
- Ghee: 1tsp
Method of Preparation
- Mix oats with milk without lumps.
- Roast the cashew nuts and raisins in ghee and keep aside.
- Cook the oats with milk in low flame by stirring constantly.
- When oats is cooked and it becomes thick switch off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder and roasted cashew nuts and raisins
- When it slightly cools, add honey.