- Dates (seedless): 1cup
- Milk: 1 cup
- Sugar: ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder: ½ tsp
- Roasted Cashews and raisins: few
- Almond (soaked and peeled): required
- Ghee: 2tsp
- Maida: 2tsp (mixed with ¼ cup water)
Method of Preparation
- Cook the dates in pressure cooker till 2-3 whistles by adding little water.
- Let the pressure settle down and open the lid and with a ladle make into a smooth paste.
- Switch on the flame and add milk and sugar to the dates paste.
- Stir continuously till it becomes thick.
- Add the maida mixed with water.
- When it starts coming from the sides and bottom, add ghee, roasted cashews and raisins and cardamom powder.
- Switch off the flame. Immediately pour this to greased tray.
- Garnish with almonds. Cut into desired shapes when cooled.