- Wheat Flour: 1 cup
- Warm Water: Requrd
- Salt: needed
- Oil: 1tsp
- Eggs: 5
- Sugar: 10tsp (or as needed)
- Cardamom Powder: 1tsp
- Grated Coconut: 5tsp
- Raisins & cashews: 5tsp each
- Ghee: 2tbsp
- Eggs: 4
- Sugar: 4tsp
- Cardamom Powder: ¼ tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Mix the flour with water, oil and salt and knead into dough like that of chappati.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions. Roll into uniform sized chapathis.
- Heat tawa and cook the chappathis lightly on both sides and keep aside. (no need to fully cook the chappathis)
For the filling:
- Beat the eggs by adding sugar and cardamom powder.
- Heat a non stick pan and add ghee, sauté raisins and cashew nuts, then add the grated coconut, stir till it slightly change the colour.
- Add the beaten egg mix to the coconut mix and scramble till the egg is fully cooked. Keep it aside.
· Beat the eggs together with sugar and cardamom and keep aside.
- Take an air tight lid pot
- Keep one chapathi as a first layer.(for 1st layer no need to dip in egg mix)
- Dip the second chapathi in the egg coating mix (both sides of chapathi) and place on the first chappathi.
- With a spoon, sprinkle and spread evenly the prepared scrambled egg filling on top of the chappathi.
- Again dip the third chapathi in the egg coating mix and place on top of the spreaded filling.
- Again spread the egg coconut mix on top the chappathi.
- In the same process continue till the last layer.
- Pour the remaining egg coating mix on top of the chappathi. It is important to pour the egg mix on top of Chappathi. Incase if there is no balance in coating mix, break 1 or 2 egss, mix with sufficient sugar and cardamom powder and pour on top of it.
- Close the lid and put on the stove in very low flame for half an hour or until well cooked.