- Tamarind: lemon sized (soak in water)
- Pepper: 2tsp
- Cumin seeds: 2tsp
- Fenugreek seed: ¼ tsp (very little)
- Coriander: 1 tbsp
- Dry red chilli: 1
- Lentils: 1 tsp
- Garlic: 3 cloves
- Tomato: 1 small
- Asafoetida powder: a pinch
- Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Oil: 2tsp
- Curry leaves: few
- Coriander leaves: few
Method of Preparation:
· Take tamarind juice from soaked tamarind
· Dry roast pepper, lentil, chilli, cumin, fenugreek and coriander.
· Grind them to fine powder.
· In a bowl; add tamarind juice, turmeric powder, tomato, salt, crushed garlic and add little water and boil for 15 minutes.
· Then add 2tbsp of the grinded powder, asafoetida powder and boil for another 5 minutes.
· In a pan, heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, and add curry leaves; transfer to prepared rasam.
· Garnish with coriander leaves.