- Basmati Rice: 1 cup
- Coconut Milk: 2 cups (thick)
- Egg: 1
- Salt: needed
- Water: needed
Method of Preparation
- Soak rice for 4 hours.
- Grind the soaked rice by adding water to smooth paste.
- Then add egg and coconut milk and blend once more.
- The consistency should be very watery, to get the consistency add more water
- Add salt as required.
- Heat a 12”skillet, Pour a ladle full batter and immediately rotate the skillet to spread the batter.
- Wait for 40 seconds for the paalada to come off from the pan.
- It is ready to take out from the pan and fold to a desired shape.
Tips: To get very thin paalada, the batter consistency should be very watery.