- Broken Wheat: 1 cup
- Rice flour: 2 cups*
- Water: needed
- Salt: needed
- Coconut Grated: ½ cup
Method of Preparation:
- Soak the broken wheat for 3 hours and drain.
- Mix rice flour and broken wheat.
- Add needed salt to water, Pour this water little by little to the rice flour and broken wheat mix and mix them with fingers. You should be careful while mixing the water. It should not change to dough. It should be in a powdered form wet enough for steaming. If there is time leave aside for 1 hour, if there is lumps blend in a blender just once.
- Add a fistful of grated coconut to the puttu maker and then add some prepared rice flour and broken wheat mix and again add coconut grated, repeat the process till it reaches the top.
- Steam for 5-6 minutes
- Serve hot with desired curry.
*Soak raw rice for 6 hours, drain well and grind in a blender into a fine flour and dry roast the flour.