- Yellow Pumpkin/ Mathanga: 20 small pieces
- Vella Payar/ Black Eyed Beans: ½ cup (soaked overnight)
- Chilli Powder: ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder: ¼ tsp
- Grated Coconut: ½ cup
- Cumin seeds: ¼ tsp
- Shallots: 3
- Mustard seeds: ¼ tsp
- Oil: 2 tsp
- Curry leaves: few
Method of Preparation
- Cook the soaked vella payar by adding turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- When it is cooked; add yellow pumpkin and cook till done.
- Meanwhile grind the grated coconut by adding shallots and cumin seeds.
- Add this grinded when pumpkin gets cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan; splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Pour this to the prepared erissery.
- Serve hot.
Post a Comment