- Rice Flakes: 2 cups
- Water: needed
- Salt: needed
- Coconut Grated: ½ cup
Method of Preparation:
- Dry roast the rice flakes on medium heat. When they start to splutter put off the flame.
- When cooled, grind to a coarse powder.
- Add needed salt to water, Pour this water little by little to the Aval flour and mix them with fingers. You should be careful while mixing the water to the Aval flour. It should not change to dough. It should be in a powdered form wet enough for steaming. (If there is lumps formed just blend in a blender for just a second, don’t blend it more)
- Add a fistful of grated coconut to the puttu maker and then add some aval flour and again coconut grated, repeat the process till it reaches the top.
- Steam for 4-5 minutes
- Serve hot with kadala curry.
Post a Comment