Monday, March 26, 2012

Tahini Sauce (with black sesame seeds)



The below is tahini sauce with black sesame seeds. It is usually made with white sesame seeds, but unfortunately I ran out of white sesame seeds and the main problem with me is that if I see or come to know about any recipe I have to try it soon. So I tried with black sesame, I didn’t find any difference in the taste. The main reason that I am posting this if any one like me who doesn’t have the white sesame and not trying this, it will help them too. The actual motivation to make the tahini sauce was for making shawarma. When one of my friends called and gave me the recipe for shawarma, which she saw from one of the TV Channel, all the ingredients were there with me and only the white sesame was out of stock, I didn’t give up and I made it the day after itself. So here goes the recipe for tahini sauce and shawarma recipe is on the way.
Ingredients
Black Sesame Seeds: ¼ cup
Olive oil: 4tbsp
Garlic: 3
Lemon Juice: 1 tbsp
Curd/Yogurt: ¼ cup
Salt: needed
Method of Preparation
Heat a pan and dry roast the sesame seeds. Switch off the flame when it starts spluttering.
Add this into the blender when slightly cooled.
Blend it for some time and then add the olive oil and blend again.
Then add the garlic, lemon juice and salt and blend again.
Take out from the blender into a bowl and add curd to it and mix well.
(Can add more olive oil and curd if you need it thinner than this)
Tahini Sauce is ready.


25 comments:

cookbookjaleela said...

Nice Spread for all Grill and Arabic food.

Suja Manoj said...

Nice recipe,home made one,love it

Unknown said...

I love tahini sauce a lot. works wonderfully when I prepare wraps.

Achu's Amma's Kitchen said...

nice recipe...this is first time i heard abt this sauce...thanks for sharing it

anjana said...

loved it..perfectly done!!

Anjana

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

ur recipes r always very new dear...i dont know this til nw..thanx 4 posting..very nice...
Maha

Julie said...

Very great sauce,never tasted this before..homely one!
Cook in any recipe with Cilantro/Cumin as one of the main ingredients & rush it in my EP Series-Herbs n Spices
Erivum Puliyum

Kit @ i-lostinausten said...

Great idea! It's good to know that we can also use black sesame seeds too! :)

spicenflavors said...

Great sauce,and simple too,will surely try it:) thxs for sharing

Hema said...

Tahini sauce with black sesame seeds looks nice, waiting for the shawarma recipe..

Sravs said...

Wonderful and delicious recipe !!

Ongoing event CC:Vegan Diet - Plant Based Food

Sobha Shyam said...

nice sauce, so new to me..

hotpotcooking said...

Yum sauce. Perfect with falafel

Amina Creations said...

was searching for this recipe... thank you so much for sharing... will try this soon...

Mélange said...

Simply superb Faseela.I love the sesame flavor !

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Nice idea of using black sesame seeds...would love to try it

Rosh said...

Very healthy! Never thought of making tahini sauce at home...always buy it. But your recipe is tempting :)

Rasi said...

have always heard of the white sesame one.. but faseela you always break the rules & manage to whip up something exotic :)

Ongoing Event : I'm The Star

Priya dharshini said...

Never knew tahini sauce can be made at home...Yummy version.

Anonymous said...

What a delicious sauce recipe - definitely a dip that needs to be made!

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru
Latest: Double Jaffa Nutella Fudge Cookies + More

Vimitha Durai said...

Delicious sauce for frankies... Never tried with black sesame.. Will try soon

Vardhini said...

Perfect with falafels .. looks yummy.

Vardhini
Event: Legumes
Event: Fenugreek/Kasuri Methi

Kanan said...

nice tahinni recipe

Teena said...

Interesting recipe!! I wonder what it tastes like! Bookmarked to try :)

Rookie Qookie said...

After a visit to a Mediterranean restaurant, have fallen in love with the Tahini sauce..Thanks for sharing the recipe :)