Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Macaroni Chicken Cutlet


Leftover macaroni was lying in my refrigerator and I was thinking what to do with it; reheat and take it for dinner, no one will be interested, dumping into dust bin, I feel so tensed. Suddenly making cutlet out of it came into my mind. Why not, I thought I will try it. To tell you, it was vanished within a minute. My son was waiting near me to grab it after the clicks.

 I didn’t use potato to make the cutlets. The macaroni which I made was slightly overcooked and sticky and I rolled it into balls straight way taking from refrigerator, so I could do it well. I promise you it will be an innovative snack, the best way to use leftover macaroni.
Ingredients
Cooked Macaroni with chicken: 3 cups (cooled) {I used the leftover cooked macaroni}
Potato: 1 {optional} (I could roll macaroni into balls without using potato)
Bread Crumps: needed
Egg: 1
Refined Oil: For Deep Frying
Method of Preparation
Cook potato by adding salt. Mash it well
In a bowl, add cooked macaroni and mashed potato. Mix well.
Roll into small balls and flatten a little.
In a bowl add egg and beat well, in another bowl take bread crumps
Heat oil in a pan, Take the flattened macaroni balls.
Dip first in egg and then roll in bread crumps and deep fry in oil.
Fry both sides until golden brown.
Serve hot with tea.
Try this it will be a super snack.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Cutlet looks so crunchy and yummy..

Christy Gerald said...

Luks fantastic and delish click.Yummy!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

totally new to me...Loved the idea.
And dear I have accepted your award today. Thanks again
Deepa

Neetz said...

superb!! looks so tasty feel like eating just out of this screen!!!

cookbookjaleela said...

chut pat cutlet ..... looks tempting

Suja Manoj said...

This is very unique recipe..looks so tempting..thanks for sharing dear

Aarthi said...

awesome...nice idea for leftover

Chocolate & Chillies said...

Very creative!

Nalini's Kitchen said...

innovative recipe dear....

Julie said...

Yummy n innovative cutlet..
Ongoing Event -Christmas Delicacy (15 Nov-31 Dec 2011)
Erivum Puliyum

Sidra Amjed said...

What an awesome idea !!
just today i was thinking about deep frying mac and cheese !!
this looks absolutely mouthwatering!!

Kitchen Simmer said...

Now these are some wonderfully creative cutlets. I love the use of leftover macaroni! Well done. :)

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, cutlets with macaroni and chicken,seriously very tempting and creative.

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Cutlet looks delicious and crisp...

Amina Creations said...

wow.. awesome recipe... fabulous combination..

Sudha said...

I have to commend for your innovative skills,Faseela!This must be extremely delicious and a lovely snack to have with evening tea!Great idea:)

zareena said...

Lovely and a perfect tea time snack.

Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory) said...

Wow, what an awesome idea! Lovely snack!

Teena said...

wow....delicious snack!! Creative recipe too :)

Recipesmine said...

new 1,i want to try it....really good workdear.http://shajisrecipesmine.blogspot.com/

Easy Cookin said...

This looks so yummm