Rice Powder: 1 cup (it should be very fine powder to get better result)
Water: 1 cup
Rice Flour: for dusting
Method of Preparation
Heat water in a bowl by adding salt.
When water starts to boil, add rice flour little by little, stirring continuously.
Put in low flame for 1-2minutes by stirring continuously.
Switch off the flame. Transfer it to where you are going to knead the dough.
While it is warm only, start kneading the dough. (If needed touch in water while kneading, but don’t use oil)
Take time and knead it thoroughly till it is very smooth.
Take small balls from the dough and roll it on the rolling pin to form thin round pathiri by dusting with some rice flour (same as we do in chappathi)
Heat a pan, when it is heated well, put in medium flame and place the pathiri on it.
When it is slightly heated, turn over the pathiri, then when bubble starts coming, turn to the other side again, when it puffs up, take it out.
Do the same way till you finsh the dough.
Tips: 1.Use very fine rice flour (I mainly use “Nirapara” brand)
2. Take Time and knead the dough
3. While rolling in the rolling pin, if u get flower like edges, then the dough has not kneaded properly and have to knead it again.
4. Make thin pathiris and get it cooked with 3 turns (many turnovers will make it hard)
5. Don’t use oil while kneading, just wet your hand in water (don’t use more water, just a touch is enough)
6. Knead the dough while it is warm only
7. Put in medium flame so that you will get pure white pathiris without brown spots.